(This Blog Post was originally posted by Troy Hicks at http://chippewariverwp.org)
Come join Troy and myself for a week long Institute July 20-25!
As opportunities for digital reading and writing continue to grow, teacher leaders must continue to develop their own digital literacy practices. We invite you to create, compose, and connect with us this summer!
During our week-long, intensive workshop, teacher leaders will be invited to participate in teaching demonstrations, writing activities, “digital literacy challenges,” and inquiry groups to investigate key questions related to digital literacy leadership.
In addition to providing teachers with a variety of ideas for the classroom, our goal is to help each participant develop his or her leadership capacity as it relates to leading professional development.
CRWP Digital Literacy Institute 2014 (PDF Version of Flyer)
Participants in this institute will:
- Participate as learners in teaching demos provided by Troy Hicks and Jeremy Hyler
- Read, discuss, and apply current research and theories related to digital learning to
- classroom practice and school leadership
- Engage in a variety of “digital literacy challenges” by collaborating with colleagues to
- create pieces of digital writing
- Develop plans for classroom implementation, curriculum, and assessment
The $500 registration fee includes:
- Breakfast and lunch each day
- A copy Hyler and Hicks’ book: Create, Compose, Connect!
- All activities and materials for the week of July 20-25, 2014
- A one-hour, post institute reflection with Jeremy or Troy via Skype or Google Hangout
Housing and Transportation
The registration fee does not include housing or transportation costs. CMU is located in Mt. Pleasant Michigan, about 2.5 hours north of Detroit, and about an hour from both the Lansing and Midland airports. Typical rates for area hotels range from $80 to $150 per night. Also participants can opt to stay in an air-conditioned CMU dorm at the cost of approximately $150 for the week. More info on housing and transportation will be made available upon registering.
Up to 3 CMU graduate credits or SCECHs will be available at an additional cost (Info TBA)